Sorry Abby, Carla, Arlene and Lis. I just can’t jump on the kale bandwagon. I know it’s supposed to be a super food and high in iron, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and K. Yes, it’s great for your cardiovascular system, has zero fat, is low in cholesterol and helps lower cholesterol.
But I won’t eat it! I can’t get past the taste.
It doesn’t matter if it’s boiled, fried, turned into a chip or even covered in chocolate. Alas, it breaks my heart to realize that chocolate cannot fix everything. 😉 I just can’t eat it.
So I offer you my favorite alternatives to kale:
- spinach — vitamins A, C, calcium, iron, magnesium, fat free & cholesterol free
- cabbage — vitamin K
- asparagus — vitamins A & C, fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, low calorie, high in folate and high in calcium
- broccoli — vitamins A & C, iron, low fat, low sodium, cholesterol free, high in calcium
- eggplant — fiber, fat free & cholesterol free
- potatoes — vitamin C, calcium, iron and fiber
Next week, I’ll be here a day early–not crying about kale–interviewing our very own Abigail Sharpe! Her debut romance WHO WANTS TO MARRY A COWBOY goes on sale Tuesday, May 7, 2013 through Grand Central Publishing! So be sure to visit with me on Tuesday, leave a comment for Abigail and you just might win an e-copy of her book.
Here’s a sneak peek at her cover.