This week, I’m incredibly excited to welcome my friend, Shelby Reed, to Chicklets in the Kitchen. Shelby writes sexy contemporary romances that will sweep away the reader. I’m talking, you won’t sleep because you cannot put the book down! Ah, you don’t want to listen to me gush. Instead, let’s get started with our, James Lipton inspired, interview.
1. What’s your favorite food? Crème Brulee
2. What’s your least favorite food? Salmon
3. What turns you on? Tender-hearted men, bad boys, animal lovers, feather mattresses
4. What turns you off? Arrogance, cattiness
5. What profession would you like to attempt? Pastry chef
6. What’s a fact most people couldn’t guess about you? I read Tarot cards
7. What sound or noise do you love? The noisiness of my family when we’re all together
8. Vampire, werewolf, zombie, knight or ghost? Vampire
10. What first inspired you to write? I couldn’t find the stories I wanted to read on the store shelves.
11. What subgenre do you write? Contemporary only now.
12. What’s your writing schedule like? It’s all over the place. I write when swept up in inspiration. When push comes to shove, I somehow find the groove and get it finished, but being a temperamental artist is painful!
13. Where will you conferences or book signings in the next six months? As of right now, I’ll be signing at the Literacy signing and the Berkley author signing this summer at Romance Writers of America National Conference. There may be additional signings, but right now it’s up in the air.
14. Where can people find you on the internet?
Shelby’s latest book, GAMES PEOPLE PLAY, received a 4-Star Review from RT Book Reviews. Congratulations, Shelby! And I assure you, my book has been pre-ordered since the day the option became available on Amazon. I’ve read the first 50 pages of this novel and loved it. I can’t wait to see what happens next.
15. What is GAMES PEOPLE PLAY about?
Sydney Warren is a successful painter of erotic landscapes—just the artful fantasies of a woman whose own life has been stripped of passion. Though she has stayed loyal to her boyfriend, Max, he’s unable to ignite the sparks they once shared, leaving Sydney wanting. Then comes the stranger, an work of art himself, and everything changes
With chestnut hair, mesmerizing green eyes, and the perfect body, Colm Hennessy is every woman’s fantasy. He too is aroused and more intrigued by the beautiful artist than he expected to be—because it wasn’t supposed to happen this way. For there’s something about Colm that Sydney doesn’t know…
Colm is only pretending to be a model. He’s been hired by Max to seduce her—a twisted scheme to test her fidelity. But Max never imagined that Colm would feel something real. As Sydney and Colm’s intimacy grows, as passions neither expected are unleashed, the stakes in a cruel game are raised—and desire isn’t the only thing set to spiral out of control.
Thanks for having me!!